• Insurance for your catering business

    Catering externally covers a wide-range of services, venues and types of food and drink. From weddings and garden parties to cooking in someone else’s home to barbecuing at your local school fete, there is a significant demand for outside catering.

    Bearing in mind the variety of locations you visit, and the amount of people who use your service, it’s important to make sure you have the right insurance in place to protect you, your business, any staff you have as well as your professional reputation.

    What sort of Catering Insurance might you need?

    Because your work includes members of the public, food, equipment and possibly staff, there are several types of insurance that could benefit you:

    • Public liability insurance for caterers: if a customer is injured or their property is damaged as a result of your business activities, this will cover you.
    • Product liability insurance for caterers: if a customer becomes ill or injured after eating your food, product liability insurance can protect you.
    • Employer’s liability insurance: if you have employees, this is required by law to protect you from financial losses should an employee get injured or becomes ill as a result of their work.
    • Equipment damage insurance for outside caterers: your equipment is essential for you to carry out your work properly and this insurance covers your catering equipment in the event of damage or theft.

    Why is insurance important for your catering business?

    All businesses benefit from insurance. In the same way you insure your house and car, insuring your business means you don’t have to worry about unexpected costs should anything go wrong. And, importantly, you want to keep your business going, keep the money coming in, and keep your customers happy.

    And the right insurance will give you peace of mind. You can focus on running a successful business knowing it is protected against unexpected events.

    Why choose Acer Insurance for your outside catering business insurance?

    We have over 15 years’ experience in insuring businesses so we know what you need. We can find the best deals and cover for your outside catering businesses. Always here to help you, we keep things simple so you know exactly what you’re getting, and we’re always friendly and happy to help with any questions you might have.

    What types of catering businesses do we cover?

    We haven’t yet found a catering business we can’t insure. Even external catering insurance which can prove slightly more complex, including wedding caterers, contract caterers, corporate caterers, private party, festival and sporting event caterers, BBQ caterers and hog roast caterers, are no problem. Contact us to see how we can help you.

    How to get outside catering insurance

    You can, of course, shop around, getting quotes from lots of different companies and price comparison sites. Or you can come to us and let us do the legwork for you. We see prices you won’t see advertised on those other sites and will find the best policy for your needs.

    We will ask the right questions so you have the right amount of cover too, based on what you tell us. Things like making sure you have enough coverage to meet your needs, to cover the cost of replacing any equipment, and the safest levels of public and product liability insurance. Being under insured is almost as bad as not being insured.

    What do I do if I need to make a claim?

    Of course, we hope this doesn’t happen, but if anything should go wrong, contact us straightaway to let us know and we can advise what you need to do next.

    Acer Insurance is here to offer professional advice on all matters concerning catering business insurance. Call us today on 01959 528435 to get an instant quote or fill in your details here and we’ll get back to you.